Welcome to The Jo Brighton Distance Learning Hub
The purpose of this page is to help connect students and families to our teacher’s learning management system (distance learning). This page will be updated all school year, and how families will access information during distance learning. If face to face instruction becomes an option, families will still be able to choose distance learning for their child. Distance learning will be provided by Jo Brighton teachers. If you need information about internet access or you are in need of a device for your student, please reach out to your classroom teacher or the Jo Brighton Office.
Distance Learning Key Terms:
LMS: Learning Management System (Google Site, Google Classroom, Zoom).
Asynchronous: families and students can do any time.
Synchronous: live instruction where we all learn together at the same time (Zoom).
Distance Learning: individualized instruction at home through LMS. If Face to Face instruction resumes during the 20-21 school year, distance learning is still offered as an option to families.
Grade Level Google Sites
All distance learning can be accessed on the following websites:
- Wilson Middle School Satellite Program
- Roosevelt High School Satellite Program
- Vocational Classrooms-Bakery, Kitchen, Building Trades, Building Maintenance, Computer Business and Technology, and Targeted Living Skills
- Community Classrooms-Hospital, Southland Mall, and Life Options
- Release Teachers-Adaptive PE and Reproductive Health
- Ancillary Staff-Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapists
- Support Staff-Social Worker, Behavior Specialist, and Transition Coordinators
- Wyandotte Transition Program